This month's installment of 10 questions goes to Stevi:
1) what is your name, your LUPEC cocktail name & why did you pick that?
Stevi Deter, Mayflower. The Mayflower is very tasty & effervescent. Not like me at all :)
( Mayflower Cocktail
2 dashes. orange bitters
1 1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1/2 oz. brandy
1/2 oz. dry vermouth
1 tsp. Cointreau orange liqueur
1 tsp. Pernod licorice liqueur
Procedure/Directions:Pour the vermouth, brandy, Pernod, Cointreau and bitters into a mixing glass half-filled with ice cubes. Stir well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.)
The real answer is the May Blossom (which makes much more sense considering the effervescence that was mentioned) And the May Blossom Fizz is indeed on Stevi's blog. But the Mayflower still sounds good too!
Sorry about that Stevi!
2) what is your profession?
I write code
3) What was your favorite cocktail before you new any better?
4) What's the worst cocktail ever and where did you drink it?
A Gin & Tonic which was undrinkable. The bar gave me a glass of gin with just enough tonic to make it glow in their black-light
5) If you could ban 1 drink what would it be?
Vodka Soda. It says "I just want to get drunk", it doesn't taste like anything!
6) If you could have a drink with anyone, living/dead, who would it be and why?
Vladimir Nabokov (Lolita) because he is someone who oozes intelligence.
7) What are your favorite non cocktail activities/hobbies/interests?
I ride Peruvian horses, blog about spirits and cocktails and read a lot of foreign literature
8) How did you first hear about LUPEC?
I started following the LUPEC Boston blog about 2 years ago.
9) What is your go to drink or spirit?
Gin & Tonic. Voyager gin at home, Beefeater out.
10) What is your favorite cocktail bar and/or bartender right now?
Andrew Bohrer at Mistral Kitchen
Be sure to check out Stevi's blog (which strangely doesn't have the Mayflower in it!) You can also follow her on Twitter @smd