LUPEC Seattle Dismantling the Patriarchy…one drink at a time!

Ladies for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails, Seattle Edition!
We try to meet up once a month in the area's best cocktail bars to try tasty libations made of gin, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc.
Occasionally we throw a party and use our power to raise money for local charities.

Follow the fun!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

10 Q's For a LUPEC Lady- Anu Apte

LUPEC Seattle- What is your name, your LUPEC cocktail name & why did you pick that?
Anu Apte- My LUPEC name is 20th Century.  I chose this name for many reasons, here are two: The ingredients are unique and so different, but once mixed they balance each other out in such a lovely manner and obviously I was born in the 20th century.
LS- What is your profession? 
AA- I am a bartender/owner at Rob Roy.  
LS- What was your favorite cocktail before you knew any better?
AA- I turned 21 in the early 2000's so of course I was all about Cosmo's, Lemon drops, and Kamikazes.  Apparently, I was really into citrus.  
LS-  What's the worst cocktail you ever drank and where did you drink it?
AA- A lady never tells.
LS-  If you could ban 1 drink what would it be?
AA- None.  I think people should be able to drink what they want even if I don't like it or like making it.
LS- If you could have a drink with anyone, living/dead, who would it be and why?
AA- Gandhi, because after one drink he would be wasted!  It would be fun to hang out with drunk Gandhi and pick his brain.
LS- What are your favorite non cocktail activities/hobbies/interests?
AA- I'm really looking forward to pulling my long board out of storage for the summer.  I just got into yoga in a major way.
LS-  How did you first hear about LUPEC? 
AA- I first heard about LUPEC while searching blogs online then I met some wonderful LUPEC ladies in New Orleans 2009 and fell in love with the idea of Seattle having one.
LS- What is your go to drink or spirit?
AA- Don't really have a go to.  Is that weird?  I guess since I bartender and literally have hundreds of bottles to choose from it is easy for me to switch it up on a nightly basis.
LS- What is your favorite cocktail bar and/or bartender right now? 
AA- Rob Roy, of course!  I'm biased obviously, but I love the vibe, the guests, the music, the location, and of course the wonderful staff.
Zane, Philip, and Bryn really know how to create phenomenal cocktails, and fast too!


As Anu mentioned you can find her at Rob Roy in Belltown. We had a fantastic meeting there in March and if you haven't been you really should go! Additionally Anu has been written up for her cocktail creations on other sites-  Seattle Met, -Metblogs, - SFGate 
Bonus points for wanting to get Gandhi drunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment